3-5 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 lb. Sausage Links
1 Onion, finely diced
2 Bell Peppers, diced
3 Garlic Cloves, minced
1 tbsp. Fresh Rosemary
1 tsp. Sea Salt
1 tsp. Black Pepper
1 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
1 quart Organic Chicken Broth
1 (~14 oz) Can Diced Tomatoes
2 (~15 oz) Can Cannellini Beans
1 lb. Kale (about 4-5 handfuls)
1/4-1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese, for serving
- In the meantime, over medium heat, add 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil to a pan.
- Slice the sausage links into smaller pieces. Add those pieces into the same pan. Cook until golden brown, about10 minutes. Set aside.
- In a separate large pot, over medium heat, add the remaining 2-3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil. Add in the finelydiced onions, diced bell peppers, and minced garlic. Cook until the onions and bell peppers are tenderized, about7-8 minutes. In the last few minutes, add in the kale.
- Add in the rosemary, red pepper flakes, sea salt, and black pepper. Give everything a quick stir, then stir in thediced tomatoes, cooked sausage, and chicken broth. Reduce heat, and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- In the meantime, mash one can of cannellini beans with a fork or using a blender. Add the mashed beans andcan of whole beans into the pot. Cover the pan, and simmer another 10 minutes.
- Top with parmesan, and serve with warm cornbread.
Thanks to A Bright Moment for a sneak peek inside their cookbook, Farmers Market to Family Gatherings, which uses extra virgin olive oil as a healthier substitute for butter. Check out abrightmoment.com for more info.